Child Care Centre Checks & Family Day Care Checks
• PRE-START UP CAR SEAT CHECKS • ANNUAL CHECKS • INSPECTIONS • EDUCATION •
If you operate a Family Day Care or Child Care centre you can have your child car safety seats checked by a professional, ACRI Child Passenger Safety Technician from Absolute Baby. We will inspect your pre-installed car seats and complete the required annual inspection certification to ensure your compliance with your scheme.
The Absolute Baby FDC Check service includes checking:-
- Compliance to Australian Standard AS/NZ 1754
- The age of the safety seats (date of manufacture)
- That the harness strap height (if children are present)
- Movement at the base of the car seat is within tolerance
- For twists, tears or abrasions in the webbing/harness/straps and vehicle belt
- That the harness tongues engage into the buckle correctly and audibly lock
- The tether is attached to an approved vehicle anchor point and correctly tensioned
- For debris and overall condition of the child car safety seats
- For loose items in the car which could become projectiles
We will also provide advice and education around what to monitor, day to day use, care of your car safety seats and installation tips!
Bec knows her stuff and will keep your babies safe. I have used Bec yearly for my Family Daycare business. Bec is very thorough and I have always recommend her if asked by fellow educators who I use for car seat safety checks.
Thankyou Bec for your fantastic service.
~ Courtney (FDC car seat checks)
Remember: Seatbelts and child restraints road trauma is one of the leading causes of injury death for children and young people. A contributing factor to injury and death is children being placed in the wrong restraint for their age and size or the restraint being incorrectly used or fitted.
Research has shown that approved and properly fitted child restraints may reduce the risk of death or serious injury by up to 70%.
By law, every child restraint sold in Australia must meet strict requirements on its construction and performance. These requirements are set out in AS 1754 and cover the materials, design, construction, performance, testing and labelling of child restraints.
(Family Day Care Safety Guidelines, SECTION TWO – Risk areas and safety requirements 7.1.2)
As a Family Day Care Educator that has to have yearly checks I would happily recommend a child car seat installation/safety check with Absolute Baby.
I find her professional and feel confident that all my car seats are safely installed and compliant with the regulations that I must follow.
~ Gaye (FDC car seat checks)