About Baby Got Shade
Baby Got Shade car window shades are designed to reduce direct sun glare for babies and kids whilst ensuring complete safety for the driver. These window shades are perforated to allow excellent visibility, along with ensuring children can watch the world go by. Our shades are also super thin so you can still wind your window all the way down and back up again without issue.
Whilst we love the gorgeous designs, because the film is placed on the inside of the window, they are not visible from the outside of the car. They also reduce visibility into the car so obscuring unwanted eyes from seeing those things of value to your family.
Baby Got Shade perforated shades are suitable for all vehicles as they come in a sheet measuring 90cm by 60cm allowing you to trim the sheet to fit your car windows perfectly. So whether it be the daily drive or a special vehicle that the kids are only allowed in if they don’t eat or put their feet on the back of the seats, we’ve got you covered!
Importantly, Baby Got Shade window shades do not leave any permanent residue on car windows.
Not just for your car
Baby Got Shade car window shades are great for not only your own vehicle, grandparents, and other family members, but can be applied to nursery or bed room windows for added protection and they make a great baby shower gift.
Do they reduce sun glare?
Yes, they will reduce glare from the sun making for a cooler and more comfortable car ride for your kids.
Does it protect from UV rays?
Yes! It’s our favorite part about Baby Got Shades, they stop 65% of UVA and UVB rays as tested by ARPANSA (Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency).
Are they suitable for tinted windows?
Yes, our shades will not have any problems being placed over windows that are already tinted. The visibility will remain effective and the children will still get the benefit of the great designs.
Do they obscure driver vision?
No, it is perforated film so you can see without obstruction.
Can I wind my window down?
Yes, the shade is so thin that it does not affect the ability to put the window up and down at all.
Can they be seen from the outside?
No, the outside appears black
Do they leave residue when removing?
No. We recommend using a hairdryer to slightly heat shades before removal.
Are they easy to stick on?
Absolutely! See the video below and the How to Apply step by step instructions.
How to Apply Baby Got Shade
Do not apply to: damp windows | wire type rear window defrosters | frosted or textured surfaces| front windscreens
Preparation: For best results, window glass should not be hot to touch. Park vehicle in a cool position, out of direct sunlight and with minimal wind. When applying the shades, ensure the outside temperature is between 15-30 degrees.
What you need: Window cleaning solution or hot soapy water; 2x clean lint-free cloths; marker / pen / pencil; plastic card / store card & a pair of sharp scissors &/or Stanley knife / blade.
Step 1: Clean window glass thoroughly using hot soapy water or a window cleaning solution and the first cloth (remember to wind the window down and clean the very top of the glass). Ensure that the window is completely dry by wiping over with the second lint-free cloth.
Step 2: Standing outside the car, hold shade with the white side facing you against the outside of the window (ensure the design is the correct way up). Lightly trace around the inside of the window frame onto the white backing sheet. Then trim your Shade approximately 2cm out from the tracing mark, creating a boarder.
Step 3: Peel away the white backing paper from the bottom portion of the shade and place the adhesive side of the film up against base of the inside of the window with an extra 2cm of shade below the bottom of the window. Slowly lift and reapply to remove any bubbles.
- Step 4: Take the plastic card and using the edge, press it against the middle of the bottom section of the window and smooth it down, working your way out to the edges of the window. Trim the shade at the edge of the window using a Stanley knife, then using the plastic card, push the shade against the edges of the glass as firmly as possible.
- Step 5: At the bottom of the window, use the plastic card to push the bottom of the shade down into the space between the window and the rubber seal in the door, ensuring that the shade is firmly sealed against the window glass.
- Step 6: Continue peeling the adhesive backing towards the top of the window and press it against the window from centre working your way out to the edges of the window and smooth it down with the credit card.
- Step 7: When the film has been applied 3/4s of the way up the window, wind the window down so that you can secure the shade right up to the top. Once at the top, trim the shade with a sharp blade to be flush with the very top of the window, ensuring that when the window is closed, the edge of the film will not be exposed. Use the plastic card to press the shade against the window, ensuring all edges and corners adhere firmly.
Removal of Shade
1. Slightly heat shade with a hairdryer (or park in our CQ sun).
2. Thoroughly wet the shade with a super soapy sponge or chux to loosen the adhesive.
3. Starting in the middle, gently peel shade away from window, while continuing to apply water until completely removed.
4. Spray with glass cleaning solution and wipe to remove any excess adhesive.
See the video here for a demo of removal.
Terms and Conditions
- It is essential that you read and follow our application instructions for the product very carefully. Should you fail to follow our instructions, we do not guarantee or warrant that our product will work satisfactorily.
- This product is a car shade designed for back passenger windows only.
- The VLT (visual light transmission) of our products is at least 35%. Regulations for window coverings vary in differing jurisdictions and it is the responsibility of the installer to be satisfied with local regulations. A shade should not be installed if it impedes the drivers’ vision.
- We are not liable for any damage incurred in the application of our products to you or any part of your car. You acknowledge and agree that you take full responsibility for damage or other problems that may arise from the use of our products.
- Due to the nature of our product, once you have applied the product, no return is possible, save as required under the Australian Consumer Law.
- In the unlikely event that a product should be faulty or damaged, you must notify us within 7 days of receipt of your product and in any event, prior to the use of our product.
- We will only consider sending you a replacement or credit for another purchase so long as you:
- send the item back to us;
- with proof of purchase; and
- we are able to identify the fault or damage and are satisfied that it was not caused by you.
- You agree to indemnify us (including our directors, officers, employees and agents) against any claims arising from your use of this website or any products or services you purchase through this website, whether directly or indirectly, including any liability arising from any such claims and all associated judgement, litigation and legal fees.
- Check your local State or Territory legislation for permitted use.
Rebecca is a twin mum with a passion for child passenger safety. She completed ACRI training in 2015 to become a CPST and had a great trainer in Townsville. Then on returning to Rocky in 2016, she started Absolute Baby with the goal of helping parents and caregivers navigate the world of child car safety seat stages and terminology so they feel empowered rather than overwhelmed.
For more expert advice on child car safety seats visit Bec at the Absolute Baby Shop. 📍 234 Lion Creek Road, West Rocky Qld 4700 Australia.